Monday, January 25, 2016

The encompassing feeling of loneliness

I am in a happy long term relationship. I’m moving in with the bloke. Well moved in already really.  But a heavy feeling sat on my chest tonight as I was cleaning up a meal.  I was just feeling ever so lonely. 
For 8 years I’ve been travelling. Not travelling in the sense of moving around the world. But moving around within a few miles. Living out of a suitcase, plastic bags, backpacks until now. And it’s only now when I’m finally becoming rested and stationary that I realise, I’m just so lonely. 
My partner works completely different shifts to me and for the next five nights, all I’ll get to see him is when he wakes me up on a night when coming home. Or when I wake up and see his sleeping form. In the time between I’m busy working, or busy sitting by myself. Now admittedly I enjoy this time for time. Just being by myself and not having to make myself speak to people as is so often the case with my problems. However there becomes times when I do get fed up with my own company. Noones there at the end of the phone or online. All my friends have seemingly disappeared part from one or two. 
So when it’s times like this I’m left feeling rather sorry for myself.  Stuck in my own pit of misery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment