Saturday, January 9, 2016

A New Year. A New Me.

  So 2016 arrived in a rather demure manner.  Sober yet bursting with a Chinese takeaway, I spent the night in the same way that the majority of 2015 passed - moany and grumpy. 

However, things have changed so far this year. I feel a sense of being more confident within myself. Something which has been noted by work colleagues. I feel so much more comfortable and mature somehow. I seem to have the right attitude now. 

It may have been due to finding out that my friend has been hiding that fact that he has been suffering from a fatty liver for around 5 years and he hasn't mentioned it. Nor changed his life for that matter. Nothing is more sobering than hearing this while sat there with a can of Fosters in your hand (other lagers are available). 
It seemed to me like this was a sign for changing myself. If he was suffering from such ailments then God knows how I'm surviving myself. And so I pledge to get fit this year. 

My last years resolution was to get sorted into a house and get a new car. I accomplished those. This year it's to fix all the years of damage I've been doing to myself. I mean now I'm in my own house I do not have an excuse.  I can actually buy what I want and eat what I want without having to put up with quick fixes. It's now my responsibility to make that change. And when the weather has cleared up from its incessant attack, I'll be heading back to the gym!!
Here's to a new start. A new me. A new year. Here's to 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment