Saturday, January 2, 2016

Holidays go by so quickly

Sat all hunched up on my new sofa.  I'm thinking 'Where has time gone?'
I keep thinking back and remember leaving work.  Full of hopes for what this holiday would bring me.  A London trip?  A surprise engagement?  Will the house finally be done?
Now I'm sat here the night before the night before I go back..and I just think - Where has time gone?
We did go on that London trip and we did our Christmas shopping in Oxford Street.  We saw Bill Bailey at the Vaudeville theatre.  We finally spent more than three nights at the new house.  Our sofas arrived and we finally decorated the tree for Christmas.  It was done with four minutes to midnight!  We did our massive shops and spent our money willy nilly.
We had New Year but even that was sober.  And now it's the night before the night before I go back and I'm still sat here thinking - Where has time gone?!
Still six weeks until the next holiday.  maybe then it'll feel like I have a life!
   
    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment